There are so many things I want to see happen this year. So that I don’t bore you I narrowed my list down to 10.
10 things I want to see happen in year 2018 are:
- Comedians and wannabes ditching Flint water crisis jokes. They are stale nowadays.
- Clean water in the city of Flint, Michigan for all those who still need it (not everyone’s water was affected). I also want to see justice served on everyone that is responsible for this monstrosity.
- McDonald’s bring back Hi-C Orange. My children and I rarely go to McDonald’s these days because one of them does not drink pop. He has always ordered the Hi-C orange flavored drink.
- More conversations and less GIFs on social media. I don’t know how many times I wanted to comment on a post on social media, especially Facebook, but didn’t because all the comments were in GIFs. I don’t even click on those jokers.
- Folks to stop thinking that ALL women of color look up to Meghan Markle. Not all black women want to be like her. Especially me. I have never dreamed of being a princess and I never wanted a fairytale wedding. I always dreamed of a destination wedding, to get married in Jamaica. And I did just that. I got married in Negril, Jamaica in 2000 (I’m divorced now though, lol). Anyway I’m tired of this nonsense. Up there acting like we don’t get married or can’t get anyone.
- More people to be at peace with themselves. I often read of people wishing for world peace. Well, in order to achieve world peace everyone must first be at peace with self.
- My oldest child get his driver license. My son will be 16 in a few months. I don’t know if it’s just my teenager or not, but for some reason he has not shown an interest in driving. I have gotten on him several times about it and told him that he is going to learn to drive and get his license. Usually when I’m on his case about it is when I’m out of pop (I love my Coca-Cola) and too lazy to drive around the corner to the store to buy more.
- More people covering their mouths while coughing. My number one pet peeve is folks coughing and not covering their mouths. That is nasty, disrespectful, and unsanitary. My kids and I were at the farmer’s market one day last year. We had just opened our cans of pop when a man walked by and sneezed without covering his mouth. I got mad and did what I always do. I yelled, “Ugh! Cover your mouth!” We threw our drinks away. I was so upset that my son bought me another Coke.
- Donald Trump’s Twitter account permanently closed and deleted. Enough said.
- Myself as a bestselling nonfiction author and motivational speaker. I will be launching my first book, “Leaving the Hidden Path: Motivational Guidance for Women of Young Kids Considering Divorce” in a few months. My original launch date was August of last year, but I had to postpone it due to caring for my son as he fight a life-threatening illness.
As always, thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to add what you would like to see this year in the comment section below.