I lost my brother, no thanks to Multiple Sclerosis, on July 16th. Two days later my youngest child was admitted to the hospital. My son was discharged on the 21st and my brother was buried 2 days later. I was at the hospital with my son (10 y/o and special needs) around-the clock so I didn’t see any of my family until the morning of my brother’s homegoing service. To round out all the madness I got divorced August 15th, just 4 days after my 16th wedding anniversary, and went to work afterwards. Oh yeah, before leaving work I went upstairs (I work at a hospital) to check on a patient, my mother.
How in the heck did I go through all of that turmoil and still come out with a smile on my face? It was simple.
I have God in my life. I don’t care what higher being you serve, if you are true to your faith then all things are possible. I prayed for strength and I received that and much more.
Also, those who have known me since my childhood or teenage years know that I am an introvert. I keep my personal life to myself. And besides, just because I might be having a bad day doesn’t mean I want someone else to experience it. I don’t believe in misery loves company.
I listen to several Gospel/Contemporary Christian/Christian Rock songs everyday. The ones I play most often, in no particular order, are:
- Still Have Joy – Colorado Mass Choir
- Redeemed – Big Daddy Weave
- Praise is What I Do – William Murphy
- Total Praise – Richard Smallwood
- He Reigns – Newsboys
- In Jesus Name – Kutless
- Jesus is Love – Commodores
- Nobody Greater – Vashawn Mitchell
- One of These Days – FFH
So for those that have been wondering how I do what I do, now you know.
Before you open up your mouth to complain, ask yourself if it’s truly worth it. – La Cracha
Okay, here are some of my current random thoughts. In case you don’t already know, they are in no particular order. They are as random as this post.
- Can you spell niece, receive, necessary, ophthalmology, terrarium, and maintenance correctly without using spell check? I can’t.
- As much Coca-Cola as I drink, my name (La Cracha) should be on some of those bottles.
- Did Killer ever make an appearance on the Flip Wilson Show?
- Can Perry the Platypus talk?
- Does the man with the yellow hat have a name?
- WWE needs to utilize Big E Langston in a more productive way other than dancing and frolicking around in the ring with New Day. I can’t tell you much about their matches because that’s when I take my bathroom and snack breaks.
- After all these years, I still can’t name all four ninja turtles. Not to mention that I currently watch the cartoon series nearly every night on Nick Toons.
- Register to VOTE. And then VOTE. Exercise your right and get those jokers out of office. You know, the ones you always put in there by NOT VOTING.
- Donald Trump is running for President of the United States. Did he ever stop hounding President Obama about his birth certificate?
- I might vote for Jeb Bush simply because he appears to be the smartest Bush.
- If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I hope she puts paddling back into Michigan schools, and lifts the ban on us parents whooping our bad ass kids.
- Some people have book sense. Others have street sense. But there are some that have no sense at all.
- One day I am going to sit in Walmart’s parking lot and count the number of people who enter through the exit doors, even though the entrance doors are propped wide open.
- Has anyone ever found their way to Sesame Street?
- I am voting for Kanye West in the 2020 United States Presidential Election.
You are more than welcome to add your own random thoughts.
Never laugh at the misfortune of others. You never know when you might be crying over your own. – La Cracha
As always, these random thoughts are in no particular order. They are just as random as this silly blog post.
- Did you take the crust off your bread before eating your sandwich that your mother carefully and lovingly packed for your school lunch?
- Pronounce the word Ninjago and count the number of times you are corrected by a child.
- I don’t fault the lady that beat the mess out of her son for participating in the Baltimore riot. I told my son that I would have done the same thing.
- Speaking of media attention, I’m sure Bruce Jenner doesn’t appreciate the timing of the Baltimore riots. It’s taking the spotlight away from his little publicity stunt.
- And speaking of Jenner, he was one of my favorite athletes back in the day. My other favorites include Nadia Comaneci, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, and Flo-Jo. I was also in love with Carl Lewis and all the other fine-looking black male track athletes, especially the sprinters and hurdlers.
- If I was in a position of power, I would put paddling back into Michigan schools.
- Come to think of it, I would not want to be a politician. I’m not corrupt enough.
- I would not want to be burglar. I may break into a home that has the exact same thing as mine, NOTHING. Such a waste of time.
- I would not want to be a racist. I would get bored with beginning every sentence with, “I’m not racist but..”
- I would not want to be a prostitute, hoe, or whatever word you may call them. I don’t like getting my annual exam, so there’s no way in hell I would be at the doctor’s office several times a year for STD checks.
- I would not want to be you. I am having too much fun being me.
Feel free to comment below with your own random thoughts and babble.